Since the studio is named after the Italian word for sister (sorella), we’re often asked if the owners are really sisters. We can confirm that the owners, Lynn and Beth Stefani, are indeed sisters, and great friends. Our history together provides us with great advantages, including a shorthand for communication and an unbreakable trust.
Born only 14 months apart (Beth is the younger … but don’t mention that to Lynn), we’ve shared a lot over the years. We were excited to create a business that allowed us to work together and combine our interests, talents and skills. Sorella Jewelry Studio was founded in 2007.
While Lynn and Beth each have their own areas of specialization – Lynn manages production and operations while Beth handles web operations and marketing – we work closely together on planning and product development.
Family doesn’t just stop with Lynn and Beth, though. Family is central to Sorella. Whether family by birth or by choice, our jewelry celebrates the important people in our lives and those close and precious personal ties.
We frequently call on members of our own close Italian family to be guinea pigs for our latest ideas or to pitch in. Our artist sister, Jill Stefani Wagner, is a graphic and fine artist who has played a big roll in the Sorella “look” and has even designed some pieces. Lynn’s and Jill’s daughters model our work for photographs and provide great insight into the tastes of the Millennial generation. Our mother is an enthusiastic evangelist who wears our jewelry on her worldwide travels and spreads the word.
We’ve recently stepped out behind the curtain and posted a photo of ourselves on our About page. That’s a “serious” photo. We thought we’d include a photo on this post that is less serious, but very authentically us. On the left is Beth, with her assistant, Finn. And on the right, Lynn with her assistant, Toby. We’re a fun team.
Posted by Sorella
Lynn and I are both fans of Etsy.com, the online marketplace for handmade products. We’ve been blown away with the quality, creativity and variety of products offered for sale by so many independent artisans.
We’ve done quite a bit of shopping on Etsy, so it was a pretty logical jump for us to decide that we should bring our Sorella jewelry to our own Etsy shop. So that’s exactly what we did. We’re still working on filling out the store, but you’ll already find many of our products available with more to come.
So, if you’re an Etsy fan, please stop by our shop and visit us. You’ll find the same great quality and customer service that we deliver on our web shop, SorellaJewelry.com.
Posted by Beth
We’re excited to announce the re-launch of our online shop, SorellaJewelry.com.
We had two main goals for our new site:
- a cleaner, easier to navigate presentation of our products and
- a new, updated look
We’ll let you be the judge as to whether we were successful.
Here’s a couple of things you’ll notice:
- A more streamlined, flattened navigation. No more digging through layers. We now have five product-level main categories, with a few subcategories under each.
- A smaller, but more robust product selection. A definite case of less is more. We’ve reduced the number of products by combining product options. So, where previously one product might have bee offered as many different products due to different options, we’ve now combined them into one product and offer the complete option set.
- Extensive presentation of REAL photos. In the jewelry biz, it’s common to use computer renderings rather than real product photos. The reasons are many – it’s cheaper, you can make them “perfect,” jewelry is very difficult to photograph, etc. With a custom made-to-order jeweler like Sorella, it can be especially challenging to have photos of every piece. But the reality is that computer renderings are no substitute for the real thing. You know it. We know it. So, we’re transitioning to all REAL product photos. We have a way to go yet, but you’ll see right away that there is a much more extensive presentation of REAL photos throughout the site.
- A new Photo Gallery slide show. Check it out. We think it’s pretty cool. We hope you do too. These are REAL photos that will give you a REAL sense of the quality of our work.
- Base prices now listed in 14k Gold. Previously, we’ve listed our base prices in sterling silver and then have shown the up-charges for the other metals. But, since our customers choose 14k gold more than any other metal, we thought it made more sense to use that as the base metal, and then present up-charges and down-charges for the other metals. But not to worry, we still offer our complete selection of precious metals – platinum, palladium, 18k, 14k, and 10k gold, and sterling silver – for almost every piece.
We’d love to hear your feedback on the new site. Email us or give us a call. We love to chat.
Posted by Sorella